2015-06-07 What are you? Blind as a Matt?
This scene is rated Everybody
Warning: N/A
2015-06-07
Players: Daredevil, Phantasm
GMed by NA
Title: What are you? Blind as a Matt?

Logfile from FlameOfDarkness.

Hell's Kitchen, also known as Clinton and Midtown West, is a neighborhood of Manhattan in New York City that includes roughly the area between 34th Street and 57th Street, from 8th Avenue to the Hudson River.
This section of NYC is a bustling hub of traffic at nearly all hours of the day, but its notorious for its dangerous nightlife. Those that prey on the helpless stalk the alleys and side streets of this district, using the shadows as refuge to stalk their victims. This part of NYC is not known for being friendly to those who take their safety lightly.
The streets themselves are not particularly dirty, but not particularly clean either, the district is somewhere in-between these two levels. However, the alleys that reside between the aging buildings are definitely on the filthy side of things, where homeless gather and loiter in their own makeshift homes.
Hell's Kitchen is constnatly under pressure from both sides of its denizens, the lawful and those who would break the law for personal gain.

It is a chilly but otherwise pleasant night those who choose to venture from the safety of their respective homes. With the start of the work week only a few hours away, the foot traffic is even sparser. Even most of the criminal element are treating Sunday as a day of rest.

Most.

There is the faint cry for help as a young woman in dirty and worn clothing is huddled down while two brutish looking men look down upon her.

To anyone nearby, the cry might be faint. They might mistake it for a cat mewing, or just the neighbhor's TV or something. Or maybe a bird or other animal, or just nothing at all. A trick of the mind.

But not Daredevil.

In fact, Matt doesn't have to even be nearby to hear it. Just by focusing on the sound, he's immediately determined that it's a woman who is in distress. Terrified and alone. Quickly, travels toward the sound, leaping across rooftops until he's close enough to take more detail stock of the situation.

The scene, does not change much. The woman is still huddled to the ground, while the two larger men step closer, looming over

"Now, what do we have here?" one asks of their companion, giving a bit of a chuckle.

"It looks like someone wanted to play it 'dangerous' tonight."

On a rooftop nearby, almost directly across from Daredevil, a hooded figure waits, also watching the scene below. But there is something odd about this figure. A sheer absence. No sound, no smell, no- actual structure to him at all. If it were not for the visual representation, there would be no indication of the Phantasm even being there.

He waves at Daredevil.

Without any indication of the mysterious figure's presence besides a visual one, Daredevil is completely unaware of his presence. Besides, he's focused on ameliorating the situation below. He suddenly throws one of his fighting sticks toward the offenders about to assault the woman, followed by a swift jump from the roof to land perfectly on his feet behind them.

As the first chuckles, the second man reaches a hand towards the woman only for the stick to strike him from behind, "Au-!"

Friend hit, the companion stops his approach of the woman to look to his friend, and then all about to eventually find Daredevil standing there, "The fu-?!"

With the impressive entrance Daedevil made and the promise of impending fighting looming near, minor details about the scene seem rather mute. For instance the figure on the roof above, the stance has adjusted, seemingly readying himself for the jump with some 'visually apparent' escrima sticks to boot. And another, the woman who was in fear just a few moments ago, seems to be more, excited now.

The stick strikes the first man in the back of the head, knocking him to the ground. Daredevil then takes advantage of the element of surprise when the second man is shocked for a moment, picking up the fallen weapon and aiming to kick him solidly in the kidneys to keep him in a debilitated state.

As Daredevil focuses on the second man, the crouching woman moves to her feet, watching the three men in … battle. It's not much of one. These thugs are by no means, ninjas. The one Daredevil engages with now is a bit better off. Seeing the hero coming at him does allow for him to shift, causing for the kick to not be quite so on target. The body turns with the impact and judging from the grimace of the man. It was likely not a pleasant feeling.

Seeing enough, the tangibility impaired figure from above jumps down to the scene below.

These guys are definitely outmatched. The first man does not appear to be getting back up. The second manages to shift a little, but Daredevil does not let up. This time he goes for a punch to the side of the face, aiming to knock him senseless. He notes that the woman has gotten to her feet, but is still not aware of the strange astral figure.

Once again the man tries to turn, punch still hitting him but with the movement, the full force of the blow is not taken, He gives a grunt and tries to throw a punch towards Daredevil.

On her feet, the woman looks towards Daredevil, scared expression turning into a sneer as she runs abnormally quickly towards Daredevil. Only for her to stop as Phantasm lands between her and Daredevil. Then the oddest thing. The stick being swung by the unsung, un physical hero becomes rather tangible as it swings at the woman.

Matt 'saw' the punch coming before it was swung, and he quickly evades it, ducking just in time. He also hears the woman approaching suddenly, and wonders why she would have decided to attack. Even more strangely, there is a very audible strike of an escrima stick to her body, apparently out of nowhere. Now who…?

The strike knocks down the woman, dazed, she falls to the ground, looking around confused before passing out entirely.

The stick that struck the woman, vanishes once more as the one holding it turns around, no face visible under the hood save for a pair of glowing eyes and jagged teeth.

Seeing Daredevil duck his punch, the remaining brute brings up his other fist, only to stop as he looks to the one that struck the woman. His attention shifts away from Dardevil as he starts backing away from the sight. "Wh-?" Not wishing to continue to engage, he turns and starts running away.

Matt notes the fall of the woman, and the second man running away. He seemed to have been confused by something, but what? There's no one else here…is there? But who had struck the woman? Certainly not the first man, who is still lying sprawled on the ground. What's more, why did she suddenly decide to attack?

Something doesn't feel right about this…Daredevil turns and starts to hurry off, not liking this feeling of unieasiness.

~Fin~

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License